Last month I went to San Francisco with Joanna to see the S.F. Symphony play some Disney songs. This concert was to celebrate the opening of the Walt Disney Museum (Which I haven’t been to yet 😦 damn). We took BART there and it was cool. Walked around before the symphony started and took some pictures.
We met up with Jacqueline and Jake and then we took our seats with one minute to spare.
The orchestra was great. this is the set list they played:
– Overture to William Tell – Rossini
– Waltz from The Sleeping Beauty, Opus 66 – Tchaikovsky
– A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes from Cinderella – Hoffman/Livingston
– Some Day My Prince Will Come from Snow White – Churchill/Morey arr. Bishop
– Symphony No. 6 in F Major, Opus 68 Pastoral – Beethoven (From Fantasia)
A Night on Bald Mountain – Mussorgsky
March of the Dwarfs from Lyric Suite – Grieg
Feed the Birds (Tuppence a Bag) from Mary Poppins – Sherman
When You Wish Upon A Star from Pinocchio – Harline/Washington
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice – Dukas
They had this Singer who was a Soprano. She is a good singer, but not when it comes to Disney songs. I really had a problem with it. During Intermission, we all went to the bathroom and took some pictures on the balcony outside. After the concert was over we all went to McCovey’s in Walnut Creek to mee up with Jasmine and Brian. The Kitchen was closed so Jasmine and Brian went home while we went to Denny’s. Then went home after that